Grandma’s Hands 1 Day Intensive Workshop 2020
My Grandma’s Hands Pregnancy & Postpartum Herb and Nutrition in the Southern Tradition 1 Day Workshop is an 8 hour intensive hands on workshop covering the history of Black Midwifery in the South and the herbs and healing modalities of the traditional Southern Black community.
This workshop is steeped in the folk, historical healing traditions of the South and in particular Black Southern Midwives. You will learn:
- Historical Role of the Black Midwife in Healing Her Community
- Link between Traditional West African Healing & Black Southern Healing Traditions
- Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Postpartum Herbs and Usage
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Soul Food (Cooking demonstration, Lunch Provided)
- Salve, tincture and infusion making (materials provided)
- Early Bird Fee $145 until April 27, 2020.
Regular Registration $195 Send payment to www.paypal.me/birthcompanion or Cash App: $Divine1980
($125 for Illinois Residents CHICAGO WORKSHOP ONLY)
- Put your name, email address, and location of workshop with your payment
- NO REFUNDS You may transfer your registration to another workshop or online class
- FILL OUT REGISTRATION FORM BELOW AFTER PAYMENT
2020 Workshop Locations
Birmingham, Alabama June 13, 2020
Washington, DC June 27, 2020
Chicago, IL August 22, 2020
This workshop is for parents, birth professionals, and herb enthusiasts! Early registration is encouraged.